Our mechanical steel degassing solutions can guarantee faster return on investment and lower energy costs than more traditional steam injectors. Our trusted, proven technology can be configured to your process and offers high productivity and low cost of ownership. Allow Process Vacuum to be your partner throughout the journey and cater for all your requirements from a single source.
- Secondary steel processes involving vacuum degassing have been in use since the mid 1920s. First with mechanical systems in small scale and then using steam ejectors.
- Manufacturing Drivers where mechanical systems offer a benefit over steam ejectors:
- Reduced power consumption – more than 90% saving
- Increase in productivity of the steel plant – on demand vacuum
- Savings on primary fuel energy and utilities – zero gas/oil; significantly reduced water consumption
- Consistent steel quality from heat to heat – same vacuum level every time
- Production of ultra clean steel – better final vacuum level than steam
- Development of new steel qualities – lower H2
- Low maintenance cost – designed to need annual service only
- Improved co-ordination of all units involved in the production sequence – on demand vacuum always available
- Better working conditions for the operating personnel – no ejector cleaning