Mechanical Steel Degassing
- Secondary steel processes involving vacuum degassing have been in use since the mid 1920s. First with mechanical systems in small scale and then using steam ejectors.
- Manufacturing Drivers where mechanical systems offer a benefit over steam ejectors:
- Reduced power consumption – more than 90% saving
- Increase in productivity of the steel plant – on demand vacuum
- Savings on primary fuel energy and utilities – zero gas/oil; significantly reduced water consumption
- Consistent steel quality from heat to heat – same vacuum level every time
- Production of ultra clean steel – better final vacuum level than steam
- Development of new steel qualities – lower H2
- Low maintenance cost – designed to need annual service only
- Improved co-ordination of all units involved in the production sequence – on demand vacuum always available
- Better working conditions for the operating personnel – no ejector cleaning
No products were found matching your selection.